Sunday, December 1, 2013

December CareerPassport Spotlight -- Scott Twitchell

December CareerPassport Spotlight

Scott Twitchell
CareerPassport Team: What year are you in school and what are you majoring in?

Scott: I’m a senior working towards my Bachelors of Science in Theatre Arts Education.
CareerPassport Team: Tell us what some of your career goals are.

Scott: I want to inspire, lead, and educate students in high school theatre programs to help them give back to their communities by sharing their theatre talents.
CareerPassport Team: Can you explain how you are involved with the CareerPassport Program?

Scott: I want to complete all the tracks, and be one of the first to get the Engaged Learning University Distinction (ELUD) stamped on my diploma for graduation.
CareerPassport Team: Tell us about some of your achievements from the CareerPassport Program.

Scott: So far I have joined the club, attended the club’s opening social, finished the OrgSync Orientation, attended the "Dinner with 12 Strangers" event, and attended the CareerPassport Lecture Series with Mia Love, Saratoga Springs Mayor. 
CareerPassport Team: What attracted you to the CareerPassport Program?

Scott: I am attracted to the CareerPassport Program because it allows me to explore more of my options on campus without being graded.   With the CP Program I am able to apply what I am learning to my degree in Theatre Arts Education, and after listening to Mayor Mia Love I know that my degree will benefit me in all aspects of my life.
CareerPassport Team: What have you enjoyed most about the program?

Scott: I enjoy the guest speakers at the CareerPassport Lecture Series.  I really enjoy how this program goes well with the Center for the Advancement of Leadership (CAL) LEAD Program. This is evident in that it really requires me to do my best by reflecting on my experiences and applying what I have learned to make it more personal.
CareerPassport Team: What has been the most beneficial activity you’ve participated in to help you meet your future career goal?

Scott: So far I have benefited from the "Dinner with 12 Strangers" event because it allowed me to network with alumni from UVU.  I also feel that hearing about Mia Love’s career has inspired me to dream and dream big because she has an Arts degree, and I am going into Theatre Arts as well.  Mia inspired me to run for American Fork City Council in 2011.
CareerPassport Team: What advice regarding the CareerPassport Program would you give to other students?

Scott: The advice that I would give to other CareerPassport students is to really manage your time and take advantage of everything the program has to offer.  I have been able to do this even though I have several leadership positions that I am serving in.  For example, I am a full-time student serving as a team leader with the Center for the Advancement of Leadership (CAL). I’m also VP of International Relations for the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society (PTK). I’m VP of the Theatrical Arts Guild (TAG), and I am leader in my community in the Timpanogos Arts Foundation Theatre Program (TAF).  Although I am doing all of this while working on the weekends as a Point of Sales Supervisor for Kohl’s, I am able to make time for the CareerPassport program events and activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment