Friday, October 3, 2014

October CareerPassport Spotlight-April Liborio
























Career Passport: What are you majoring in?

April: I am majoring in Information Systems. 

CareerPassport: What are your career goals?

April: I would really like to become a Information Systems Analyst. 

CareerPassport: Can you explain how you are involved in the CareerPassport program?

April:I am currently an ELUD student in the  Program which has been so beneficial for me to learn a lot more about myself.

CareerPassport: What attracted you to CareerPassport?

April: I was very interested in the opportunity to set myself apart from the rest of the students here at UVU through the ELUD portion of the program. In addition, I wanted to ensure that I was doing everything I could to ensure that I would enter into a career that I love and also have the skills necessary to do so. Since I have already been in the workforce prior, I now understand how crucial it is that I am in a field that I enjoy, and CareerPassport allows me to explore all of my options.  

CareerPassport: What have you enjoyed most about the program?

April: Most of all I have enjoyed the interaction with people of varying backgrounds and degrees and having the unique opportunity to learn from them and apply it into my career goals. I also like that there is a great support system of people who can help each other stay motivated. 

CareerPassport: What has been the most beneficial activity you’ve participated in to help you meet your future career goal?

April: The most beneficial activity has been the September Hot Topics. A panel of UVU alumni came and talked about what they wish they had done better in college and it was a real reality check for me to see that not one of them were working in their degree field. I really would like to work in my degree field so it really motivated me to stay on the path I am on so I can obtain the career of my dreams. 

CareerPassport: What advice regarding the CareerPassport Program would you give to other students?

April: Join the CareerPassport Program! It is designed to help you succeed in school, careers, and in life. It will provide not only a distinction from other students, but it also will provide you will the tools necessary to be the best you can be.  



No comments:

Post a Comment