Friday, August 29, 2014

September CareerPassport Spotlight-Amanda Gunnell




Career Passport: What year are you in school and what are you majoring in?

Amanda: I am a junior majoring in Graphic Design.

CareerPassport: What are your career goals?

Amanda: I want to work for the Ensign magazine company as a graphic designer. I would want to help with the actual magazine itself and/or with their website.

CareerPassport: Can you explain how you are involved in the CareerPassport program?

Amanda: I am currently the Career Passport’s Promotions chair and am involved in both the program as well as club activities.

CareerPassport: What attracted you to CareerPassport?

Amanda: I was intrigued by an email I received about this program that would help me gain business skills and other means to prepare me for my future career while I’m still in school.

CareerPassport: What have you enjoyed most about the program?

Amanda: I have enjoyed going to activities and meeting new people who are involved with the program. We have wonderful service and club activities that help me relax from school obligations.

CareerPassport: What has been the most beneficial activity you’ve participated in to help you meet your future career goal?

Amanda: The retreat was as helpful as it was fun. I got to hear a lot from people who are successful in their careers and got several tips and ideas to improve upon right now while I’m at school.

CareerPassport: What advice regarding the CareerPassport Program would you give to other students?


Amanda:  Don’t procrastinate and be involved. All of the benefits in Career Passport really will help you prepare for the future and doesn’t take too much time away from our busy lives. There’s a lot to look forward to if you keep moving ahead on your chosen path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment