Friday, January 30, 2015

February Spotlight- Shannon Cisney

Career Passport: What year are you in school and what are you majoring in?

Shannon: I am a Freshman studying Dental Hygiene. 

CareerPassport: What are your career goals?

Shannon: I hope to graduate with a bachelors degree in Dental Hygiene. I would love to work as a hygienist. It is a great, stable, flexible job. 

CareerPassport: Can you explain how you are involved in the CareerPassport program?

Shannon: I am a participant of the track activities and I have completed the Self Discovery Track. 

CareerPassport: What attracted you to CareerPassport?

Shannon: I am in the Honors Program on campus, and CareerPassport was one of the optional activities. 

CareerPassport: What have you enjoyed most about the program?

Shannon:  I absolutely loved taking the SII and Myers-Briggs tests, and then meeting and discussing my results with a counselor. I feel that these meetings really helped really helped me understand myself better, and the counselors gave me great advice. I left each meeting with a better understanding of who I am, and what I can become. 

CareerPassport: What has been the most beneficial activity you've participated in to help you meet your future career goal?

Shannon: Like I mentioned before, the Myers-Briggs, and the SII were the two tests I found most helpful. I loved the tests themselves, but the meetings with counselors following the tests were really what helped me. Without CareerPassport, I don't think I would have ever gone in and utilized the great Academic Counseling Department we have at UVU! 

CareerPassport: What advice would regarding the CareerPassport Program would you give to other students?

Shannon: The advice I would give to other students in the CareerPassport Program would be to just really put forth the effort to get the most out of their experience. When I was completely honest with myself, I was able to really learn what makes me tick. If I didn't put forth the effort to be honest with myself, I would have missed out on some great information that will help me make better career decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment