Wednesday, April 29, 2015

May Spotlight- Austin Butman





















CareerPassport: What year are you in school and what are you majoring in?

Austin: I am a Senior studying Finance. 

CareerPassport: What are your career goals?

Austin: I want to pass the CFA exam this December and receive the Chartered Financial Analyst or CFA level 1 title. I also want to begin working for an institutional bank as an analyst upon graduation from UVU in April 2016.

CareerPassport: Can you explain how you are involved in the CareerPassport program?

Austin: This is my first semester in the Career Passport Program and it has been one sweet ride. I have been able to attend the retreat, a ton of the events, as well as the club closing social. Each of the events have been awesome and have really helped me understand more about what I need to do in preparing for my future career in the financial world.

CareerPassport: What attracted you to CareerPassport?

Austin: I really liked how I was able to choose how involved I became in the Career Passport Program. I think because I wanted to take charge of my career path, and I after hearing how the Career Passport Program would allow me to do that, it was a perfect fit for taking control of my future career goals and desires.

CareerPassport: What have you enjoyed most about the program?

Austin:  I think each of the Hot Topic speakers have shared some really key insights on how to better market myself to employers and how to network with people I meet in general. I really loved the end of the year retreat too!

CareerPassport: What has been the most beneficial activity you've participated in to help you meet your future career goal?

Austin: I think the end of the year retreat, as well as the hot topic events allowed me to really network with the speakers as well as other career passport members, and it also helped me broaden my own personal network.

CareerPassport: What advice would regarding the CareerPassport Program would you give to other students?

Austin: I would say to jump in as soon as you can and really get involved. It will help your networking skills and your future career out immensely! I know that I have pulled away so many experiences from just one semester which will help me with my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment